Monday 14 December 2015

run for it 9

i know my competitive running for the year 2015 was supposed to end with the salomon x-trail run, oh no, it was supposed to end with pbim - salomon was last minute as well. but well - after viper challenge, i knew i would need something to kickstart my running engine. if not i would probably lay in bed and sleep, and eat, and neglect running, and put running at the very back of my mind.


so, i very last minute signed up for run for it 9. i signed up only for the 6km because my body could still feel the repercussions of viper challenge. i am still bruised. i have a terrible skin allergy. my cuts aren't healed yet. i'm still on medication. so at least i would try to run at least to prep for the race. quite the logic right no?
 
but now i really know the meaning of fatigue. believe me when they say it takes more than, just a couple of days for your body to recover from an ultra run. but then again, i have so bad an allergy, i've been on anti-histamines, that are drowsy. so right now i cant differentiate between fatigue and drowsy haha.



anyways, back to this run. so after practically not running for a week, i was just going to take it as it is. my running plan was - to see how my leg condition is, and just go with the flow.



so upon flagoff, i just bounced away. i saw the other girls speeding off. but i didn't want to push my legs where my legs or lungs couldn't take me. so i just ran comfortably. my first km was a tad bit too fast though, clocking in a slightly under 4 minute pace. then i slowed down to a more conservative pace. normally i dont go so fast, but i wanted to keep the girls in front of me, at least in my line of sight. after that, slowly but surely, i overtook them one by one. before the u-turn back, i was running in first place. and that is also where, i think i totally gassed out.



i could definitely feel my pace dropping. sign number one i was not recovered yet. anyways, when my watch showed i was 5km in, i picked up speed again. it was just 1 more km to go. u should have seen my face when my watch said 6.2km, and the signage said 1 more km to go. completely drained, i had no choice but to try salvage whatever little energy i had left, and push myself to the finishing line.



i managed to come in 1st place, but more importantly, i kickstarted my running engine. although, my timing for this run, is far from ideal, but well, what did i expect right, right after a 24 hour event, i can't be performing at my peak. so it was satisfactory for me.

someone say off-season?

congratulations to all the winners. don came in 4th place in the men veteran category sinyee came in 7th whereas hannah secured the 10th position.

No comments:

Post a Comment