Tuesday 12 May 2015

Milo Breakfast Day Run 2015

After my muar half marathon, i ate the entire muar, then came back to kl. i would have stayed longer, but for the fact i had another race the next day - the milo breakfast run. thankfully it was only 7km, because i was already dead tired. 

we got back to kl only around 730 ish at night. i was dead tired due to the lack of sleep the night before and the 21km run. i prepped for my race and went to bed 11 something-ish. when my alarm rang the next morning, i really had to drag myself out of bed. i even snoozed my alarm a couple of times. wanting to repeat my good run the day before, i had a cup of hot milo and 2 bars for breakfast. i ate one before my drive, and one when i got to the race venue. 

i wasn't particularly aiming for anything. i just wanted to do the 7km in an under 5 minute pace per km. 

i got there with zane. he just wanted to go there and hangout with the milocereal and milo drinks so i did the usual - i used the toilet, put on my shoes, stored my baggage and did a very short warmup. i stretched a little and made my way to the startingline which was already over-crowded! damn. i couldn't make my way to the front. there were just too many people. 




upon flagoff, i had to make my way pass the human obstacles. sometimes it can get a tad bit frustrating because it messes with your pace. i managed to keep my pace slightly under 5minutes for the first few km. i maintained it steadily. i didn't want to push myself too hard either because i know i just had a run the day before and i didn't want to injure myself. so i took it slow in the beginning. i also had a stitch upon hitting the 4 km mark. so i had to slow down. 


when i hit 5km, i started to pick up my speed. i managed to pass a couple of girls, managing 4th place. it was definitely a pleasant surprise for me as i was expecting something more like 10th place ish for this race.  

it was definitely a good run for me. 





major congratulations to don and darren who did an amazing job in this race. they both placed 3rd runner up and 2nd runner up respectively. 




congratulations darren. 



and thanks zane for comimg out to support.


congratulations to voonying, my pacesetter relay partner, who placed 3rd in the milo run.

No comments:

Post a Comment