Thursday 14 April 2016

pangkor international run

this would become a trip of many firsts. 

my first trip to pangkor island. my first island race-cation. my first time i walked during a 10km run. my first time i walked, twice, during a 10km run. 



yeah, and i also managed to score my personal worst for a 10 kilometre run - a whopping 53 minutes (now go ahead and laugh). that's what lack of training does to you. and you know when you get frustrated because of a bad timimg, so eager to train again because you know you can do so much better, yet you are down with a nagging injury, why hello there, i feel you. my left side of my lowerback is experiencing a nerve problem. yes, ouch. i've had it before my hululangat trail run, and it kinda got worse after the race. 

so its coming to almost a month now, since i got it from the spartan race. it's high time i visited a proper doctor. 

anyways, i was lucky enough to come in 2nd in the women's open category for the pangkor international run. it was a great trip up pangkor, with the ever so supportive hrc mates. 

congratulations to all of us, we all managed to secure top 3 spots. 




of course the feasting on the seafood was almost the best part of the trip. 


oh and i fell completely sick post-pangkor. i was in bed till tuesday. the fever hit me. i think it must have been the dehydrating weather lately. so please everybody, remember to hydrate. don't end up like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment