Sunday 12 July 2015

parxi relay series 2

the last time i experienced this, i also dnf. and that was during my 3000m time trial where i stopped 600m short of the finishing. and yesterday was absolute dejavu. what i am afraid of the most, my most feared, hit me again - period cramps.  

if you have not previously read about my loads of questions on menstrual pain and exercising, click here

there is really nothing much to say. i tried to hold my position as far as i could. i even told myself its just a few hundred metres, i just need to persevre and fight through the pain. but i couldn't hold on. there came a point whereby walking was not even possible. 

'i knew you had period pain, but i didn't know it was that bad' was the most recited sentence of the day. normally, if i run on the day before or the first day of my period, i turn ice cold, cold sweat pours, i can bearly stand up, i cant control the tears, my back would feel like it broke into 25987 pieces, and i would just feel like i died and went to hell, and when the pain subsides some 30 minutes later after of course taking painkillers, i would feel like i died and came back to life. 

but i want to apologize to my team. i have a great team, all having great fighting spirit and great potential, which without this incident we would have had a great fighting chance to emerge top. i feel bad for letting them down. yet they did not blame me. they were truly concerned about me. so i think this day, is really about them. it is easy to be a team when things are all going right, but it is not easy to stay as a team when things go wrong. so i am glad to be a part of my team. because i feel nothing speaks more team than what they did and how they handled the situation yesterday. 



i am also super thankful to the people who helped me to the medic. major thanks to kelvin who carried me there, whom without, i think i would have never made it to the medic tent. of course the medic team did a great job nursing me back to a state where i could walk back to my car to pass out. of course superwee sinyee who was there. she's always there lah, not only in photos haha. and more importantly, thanks to all those who took the time out to message me after the race to check on me whether i am okay. i am forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment