Thursday 9 July 2015

one wish as a runner

its been 2 weeks since the parxi relay series 1 race. at that time i had a grave ankle problem. i had never wanted to be injury-free so much in my life. after the race, i was forced to take a long break from running. i literally could not run. the pain was to the extent that i didn't even feel like running. i stopped for a couple of days, and realized it wasn't getting any better. i was majorly frustrated - in my mind - my ankle hurts when i run, but it also hurts when i don't run, i might as well just run, no? 

of course, everyone else as i would have if i were thinking straight, could see the flaw in that statement. 

then, i tried running, but i realized, my limiting factor was no longer the pain in my ankle, but my heart. my fitness level obviously dropped. then i started thinking to myself, if my ankle hurts, i can still tahan the pain and run on. but if my fitness level is bad, there is no way i can run on. so perhaps i should just continue running, despite the ankle pain? no?

this is what injury does to a runner. not only the physical stress, but the mental stress as well, causing me to come up with somewhat amusing theories haha. 

anyways, so its been a 2 week break from running. my ankle has gotten better but still not quite healed yet. and im super worried for the 2nd series of parxi relay. i don't want to disappoint my team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment