Wednesday 22 July 2015

i need rest

on tuesday morning, my body was dead tired. 

im trying to recall what i did. 

wednesday evening was some crazy 2km x 3, 1km x 3 run. 

thursday evening was a day off training for us. but the gang still went to mpsj and did our own thing. i was feeling lazy, so i just did a 30minute fartlek on my own. yes, when i'm feeling lazy, fartlek is the way to go. 

friday morning, i did a 2.5km, 2km followed by a 1km run. this wasn't really training for me. it was more therapy. often when im stressed about something, a good run does the trick. so i decided to go for a run. i felt so much better after my run. 

on saturday morning, i was meant to go for my long run. but i woke up late. as if that was not bad enough, i got there, and continued sleeping in the car. lol. i was feeling super tired. by the time i got up the sun was out. 

on sunday morning, i wanted to redo my failed long run, but it rained. haha not my fault i couldn't train nyehehe. 

on sunday evening, despite feeling tired, i decided i needed to do something, so i did 2km x 5. with a 3km warmup. 

monday morning i did 1km x 3 and 500m x 2. monday evening i did 500m x 3. 

tuesday morning i was meant to do a 1 hour run. but seriously the level of tiredness i was experiencing was indescribable. i slept twice. to recuperate. but it was really much needed rest. in the evening,  i did 300m x 8, and managed to do 1 minute for every set. it's a pb workout for me teehee. although my run form itself was far from good.

so, conclusion - rest is part of training. today im unbelievably tired as well. maybe i need the rest today. i've got race this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment