Saturday 20 June 2015

400m x 50 laps training.

i did question whether i would be able to complete 50 laps. cmon the most i have done was 400m x 20. this kinda raises the bar super high. 

at lap 17 or 18, i went to zane and said to him, i really feel like giving up. i really did. in my mind i was thinking, i feel like dying already, and i have what, another 32 laps to go? seriously? 

i still continued, because i didn't want to be one of the first people to give up, no face mar right haha. so i tried to persevere and hold on. tried being the key word. oh and did i mention that my ankle is still not healed. so that kinda made it even easier and gave me more reason to give up. so i started counting down by the fives. i go by 5 laps to go, 4 laps to go, 3 more, 2 more okay cmon last one. that eased me mentally, slightly. and before i knew it, i was at 40, with only coach, darren and myself left. 

mucho gracias to zane who got me much needed cold 100 plus. he got it for me at lap 36 but i was only given it at lap 40 as a reward, for attaining 40 laps. 10 more to go, another 4 more km, it was a no brainer, i'd kick myself if i failed to complete the sets. with 5 more laps left, our spirits soared high. suddenly super semangat to run the 5 sets, because couldn't wait to say i completed 20 laps hehe. 

and we managed it. 400m x 50 laps. 

at first i was excited, then i was nervous, then, i realized how sadistic it was, then, i was super uber happy that i completed. that i was able to complete it. definitely glad. 

never in my life have i looped a track that many times. there's always a first for everything, right. haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment