Thursday 16 October 2014

cfal tristate registered

after much hesitation and persuasion (me persuading myself), finally,i signed up for the campaign for a lane (cfal) tristate 1st edition. this is a 120km ride, starting from penang, down to kedah and perak then back up to penang. this is happening in january next year. coincidentally, i will have to go up to penang for a wedding with my bestie stephy and this race so happens to fall on the very same weekend. it was a sign! i thought since i was going to be up anyways, i should just go for it. so despite being utterly completely unprepared, i signed up. 


initially, what kept me from signing up was because i had zero confidence that i would be able to complete this race. i don't even have a bike yet, let alone have that cycling capability. yes, despite the fact that this race is not a century ride since its 40km short of being officially called one, to me, this is still one heck of a difficult task. my current cycling level is- i'm not sure i can even ride more than 10km. so apart from my heart of steel, i have nothing. 

have to thank kenkent for constantly persuading me and encouraging me to sign up for this. he has been very encouraging and supportive of my ironman dream. it is true that this would be a part of my training for ironman. and if i don't sign up, i would never know. maybe, just maybe i could make it. 

freaked out slightly yesterday and wanted to do a little running yesterday evening, but it started raining, so i could not run outdoors. have to thank miss moy for inviting me to jatomi to workout with her. i decided to do a quick brick workout (which turned out to be not so quick afterall). 5km run followed by 30 minutes biking and wrapped it up with a 3km run. the biking part was the more difficult part for me. i have approximately 3 months to polish up my biking skills. hopefully i will improve exponentially. 

so yes thanks miss moy. 


have got to get back to the groove. have got dreams to chase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment