Monday 20 April 2015

3r international run 10km

this would make my third race in 3 weeks, making it 3 weekends in a row. 

i was out the entire day on saturday supporting my amazing friends at the juggernaut event, and boy can supporting be tiring i tell you! i got home, and really wanted to crash at 7. but the fear of waking up at 10pm with my eyes wide open, stopped me! so i crashed about 8, and my frustration when i got up at 220am. i rolled in bed and looked at my phone again, 320am! sighs! i was tossing and turning, and before i knew it my alarm rang 5 in the morning. 

this paragraph probably has the word shit one too many times. i got changed, grabbed my bfast, tried to shit, but couldn't shit so i got in the car and took off. i think i tried to shit for way too long, so i only got to the venue around 6, whilst flagoff was at 630am. i had to try to shit again, get myself warmed up, put my stuffs in luggage storage, and make my way to the front of the starting line in a mere less than 30 minutes. fortunately, i finally managed to shit. one of runners major worries, crossed off my worry list. then i warmed myself up with a quick run and stretch and made it to the front of the startline, for the first time in my life. 




upon flagoff, when my watched beeped and i saw 3m 50s i knew my first km was way too fast. at the 5th km onwards, i had the 2nd biggest runner worry - a side stitch! i had a pretty bad run honestly. i think i gassed out. and i really wanted to push, but i felt like i could not push on. 200m from the finishing line, i could feel the urge to throw up. i was really gassed out. even my final kick was so slow. it was a really bad run for me. managed a 48 minutes plus timing and placed 6th place. thing is, i don't know how i could have done better today because i really could not push which made me feel, in general, lousy! 

but it's okay, i will mope around and be a slob for today, and train harder, and come back faster than yesterday. 



on a side note, congratulations to kak syaz for her 10th place in the 21km and kak hani for her 8th place in the 10km. also major congratulations to kimball for completing his very first marathon =) 





so this is how i cheer myself up, i eat. 


of course, thanks to my coach for the neverending support and thanks to moolabar for my pre-race breakfasts and also post race recovery breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment